Monday, December 24, 2007

Ram Ashraya

In search of palatable food, my steps took me to a crowded yet simple place called Ram Ashraya, With a view where people enter and exit every minute, I was surprised by the way people were managed there. “People come here to eat… and nothing else” is what I said to myself.

As soon as I got inside, I was directed to a table which had two people enjoying their meals already. I ordered a Butter Idli to start with. Trust me it was heaven, it is served single and accompanied with three simple chutneys, the most promising being the ‘mudai’ which is a powder chutney mixed with oil. Then

I ordered an Onion Uttapam, which again stayed to its standards or even exceeded them. The person serving me was on his toes to make sure he replenishes my chutney and sambhar as soon as I finished it. The people who serve water are also alert and make sure your glass is replaced without you asking for it. The bottom line is, I stepped out of the restaurant after paying my bill of Rs 45 + tips of Rs 5. I did not trouble my pocket much and my stomach was happy too… This was indeed a happy eating experience. This is a place for all you people who are ‘on the move’ or would just want some delicious yet simple food without spending too much. So people if you are at Matunga, Ram Ashraya is a place to be…

Happy Eating…

Ambience- Average

Food- Excellent

Service- Good

Cost for two- Rs 100

Worth Trying

- Butter Idli

- Mudai (oil chutney)

- Coffee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home